.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Why I am unique, and how my environment affects this.

Monday, March 28, 2005

I am still here...for now

Current goings-on, movies, chocolate, and Martin. Well, I have been away from my blog for a little while. I was on strike, because I was writing such painful, boring, who-gives-a-crap entries, I did myself and you a big favor. Nobody wants to read crap, and I certainly don't want to write it. Movies: I love movies. There was a time in my life where I would actually GO to movies, not caring that it would cost a small fortune, because I considered it entertainment and worthy of such a lofty price. Now, these are but distant memories as Martin is 10 months old and much too feisty to be taken out into public. But I still love watching movies. We have a large, wide-screen, HDTV monitor, with surround sound, so it makes watching movies at home very enjoyable. We also get PPV, which I think is a fantastic invention. It used to be this treat, but now since it is so cheap, I can't remember the last time we went to Blockbuster. I remember when it first became available, I would DREAM of getting a PPV movie, but I was like, "10 bucks to watch a movie, are you kidding me?", but now it is so cheap, I just can't see the bother of going to Blockbuster unless I want to see an old movie, and chances are, I don't want to see it that bad. Between VHS and DVD, we pretty much have a few hundred movies covered. So I love the Sci-Fi action horror genre. So, I was So happy when we PPVed Alien vs. Predator. Critics, say what you will, I was highly entertained for almost 2 hours. Maybe it is because I don't get out much anymore, but it was entertaining, and that is generally all I require from my movies. Bottom line, I liked the first 2 alien movies, and I liked Predator, so I also liked AVP. Also saw The Shadow and The Phantom last night on Sci-Fi channel. Also both very entertaining. I really like the comic book to live action type movie. There is this weird, other-worldly feel to them. Cheesy almost. Chocolate: I made some brownies yesterday. Yum. My chocolate stash is decreasing. Luckily Jason goes to England in June, and the In-Laws are visiting in July, so I should be getting replenished in due order. I have developed such a preference for English chocolate that all American chocolate taste like ick to me now. I ate a Mr. Goodbar a week or so ago, and it was just AWFUL. Chocolate snob that I now am... I have yet to try the Chantico. I usually only go to Starbucks in the AM, after the gym, and getting a Chantico seems out of line. I did try the caramel mocha, spew. I really don't like their caramel syrup, so when I get my caramel lattes, I only get the caramel sauce. Once, they tried to sneak in the syrup, and I had to do the smack-back. I love Martin, he is such an angel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home