.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Why I am unique, and how my environment affects this.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Friday

Firstly: Site updates. I haven’t made that many, but I did notice a number of hits on my blog to my Spring Clinique GWP at Hecht’s , so I did update that log entry as it was a bit thin. That is all. I have a bunch of new sites, blogs, ad etc to add to my sidebar, but I just don’t have the time to make those edits rights now. I have found a bunch of new beauty sites to add. Also, I am a member of Makeup Alley, which is a really good site for general beauty chat, and they also have a really good product review section. I have rarely purchased anything without first looking at this, and they review all cosmetics, and also nail, hair, and body products as well. I am there under the user guil if you care. Next order of business, Happy Birthday to me. I don’t know if it is kosher to call out to your self, and I don’t really care. It’s my birthday, so there. This birthday is one of those rite of passage ones, where I know have to start clicking a new box on surveys and forms. I can’t believe how fast these 35 years went. Of course I don’t really remember the first five of them very well, and the next 12 after that weren’t really mine but my parents, then the next 4 of them belonged to the US government. I guess the last 14 years went pretty fast. Very fast indeed. You know, I usually go shopping for my birthday, and I am sure this year will be no exception. I have the greatest husband in the world, although Blue Wolfess’s comes in a very close second! So I am trying to think of some nice goodies to get myself. I need some new tops, but soooo utilitarian! Pants? Ditto! A new video game? Like I have the time. That’s what I would really like, some time in a bottle. How cool would that be? But not yet available. Some DVD sets? The only set I really want is Starblazers, and that is like 100 USD. A new sewing machine? Already have it. So I’ll see what I get. I am finally home for a few days after hectic travel. We also got all new flooring installed in our living, dining upstairs hallway and family room. Upstairs we got this gorgeous Brazilian cherry, 5” hardwood flooring. Bee-yoo-tiful. In the family room we got this nice Berber carpet in a diamond pattern. It has some super stain resistant coating, so all the kiddie and kitty vomit should clean up very nicely. SO we now have nice beautiful floors. I’ll have to post some pictures. Speaking of birthdays, more important than my own, is Martin’s. He’ll be two this year, May 11. So we may have some small thingy for him, with a proper cake and some bloody birthday balloons for crying out loud (reference to the great balloon fiasco of last year). Maybe a Blue’s Clues cake, I’m thinking. I’ll see. My sister got him this really neat, blow-up bouncy contraption. That’s all folks. Kinda rambling on, but I think I hit all the major points.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope it was good!!! Get yourself something really indulgent, like chocolate covered strawberies from Godiva. Decadent.

5/05/2006 06:19:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home