.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Why I am unique, and how my environment affects this.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

I hope they stay babies...

I was talking to my sister last night about my niece, who is now 14, going on 22 apparently. I say this because she now has an interest in BOYS. I connect this to what I have been reading about teenagers nowadays engaging in all these alternate sexual activities. Yikes! I just think 14 is way too young to be that interested in sex, but I see it when I am irresistibly drawn to Jerry Springer and Maury Povich. Back in the days when I was 14...ok so no-one wants to hear about boring old me, but still. It makes my blood run cold, and I want to lock my babies away from the world. The thought of some grubby teenage boy feeling up my daughter, or some come-hither tarte of a teenage girl coming on to my son just makes me want to become the first family to colonize Mars. Stop those hormones. Besides as any adult will tell you, sex is way overrated for the youth anyway. Don't even get me started on drug and alcohol abuse. I just hope that my kids can beat the odds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home