.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Why I am unique, and how my environment affects this.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Travel, OI!

I have been doing much business related travel lately, so I haven't been able to post as often as I would like. There are several benefits to air travel, one of them being that I have finally been able to listen to some of the 'casts clogging up my ipod. A benefit. There are also many drawbacks. The obvious drawback is that I am away from my family. And I really do miss them terribly when I am away. A drawback. Another benefit, I am able to get nice sleep. It used to be when I traveled I would still wake up in the night to pump, but I have since dispensed with this as 'I really need my sleep. So I just sleep the night away waking up in pain, but well- rested. Oh yes. I should also mention that am writing this on a plane using my old pocket-pc Dell Axim as, which is tedious at best. I am using the transcriber. Which is a pain to us. It’s letter recognition is spotty at best with my messy handwriting, so forgive me if there are some weird misspellings in this entry. Anyway. I have a lot of clean-up to do, but I feel it is only north it because I have been away for too long. Back to Benefits / drawbacks of travel. A current benefit is that I am away from my mom. Whom we have all but decided that our home will be much better off without her. But that is a for another post. Anyway. Travel update. I was in Huntsville, Al, home of NASA space camp for work. It should have been an in and out trip. Fly in on Wednesday. Do the seminar on Thursday. Fly out right after. Only away from home around 36 hours, ok fine. Well, what happens is that my Flight gets cancelled out of Huntsville, so we were scheduled to leave Friday morning now. So. Friday am. Bright and early. Flight out at 8 am on the plane, un logically of to FRIGGIN DALLAS don’t even get me started about AA and how it was cheaper to fly through FRIGGIN DALLAS to get to ALABAMA. Go figure So, we get to Dallas with time to spare, and get on the plane to BWI. I’m happy because for the second time in my life I have an exit row seat so of course the plane falls apart on the runway and after sitting on the POS for an hour they finally call it deceased and we all file off of the plane like good little sheep. Then in FRIGGIN DALLAS all us good sheep then must leave the secured area and go out to the ticket counter so we can be re-ticketed for another flight. WHY? Because even though we are in FRIGGIN DALLAS, the HUB of FRIGGIN AA, they cannot seem to find another plane to load all the sheep onto and fly to BWI. There were about one million people packed on the plane (a Super 80, and it wasn’t all that I assure you) and all pissed-off and I am hearing words I don’t want to such as tomorrow morning and baggage claim 5. I get to the counter a week later and the lady sez tomorrow morning and I am just thinking about the milk in my bag ad how I can’t stay in FRIGGIN DALLAS for another MINUTE, let alone another 18 hours. No way, no how and she finds a flights but it goes to DULLES and arrives in the TEETH of rush hour, Washington D.C. style. I say fine, I’ll take it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Sounds like you're having a fun time!!!

6/07/2006 07:52:00 AM

 
Blogger Mme.BlueWolfess said...

Hey you were almost
in my neck of the woods .
I'm in FRIGGIN AUSTIN....:)
sounds like hell of a trip...:(

6/16/2006 04:20:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home