.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Why I am unique, and how my environment affects this.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Holy, Creepy bugs, Batman!!!

Hello!!! I am away, on travel again. I am writing this from my room, excuse me, my suite, at The Double Tree Suites hotel. It is pretty nice. I have a bedroom, a bathroom, and a lounge area. Very nice. The beds don't even have bugs in them. Two nights ago (that would be Monday night), my first night on travel this week. I fly into Cleveland (on Southwest, a nice flight, I carried my bag on, so I had a bag with me, good), my co-worker landed 40 minutes previous so he had the rental and we zip off to the hotel. We arrive at the hotel, I won't say the name because if I do, I may lose my right to write my evil letter later on. Anyway, I get checked in (just rest assured that this is a NICE hotel, in the 200-300 USD per night type hotel), go up to my room, get unpacked, check my email, fritter around, then meet my co-workers for dinner. It was a late dinner, so I made it back to my room around 11:30 by the time we got finished setting up and what-not. I potter around, cleaning my face, etc. I crawl into bed. I read for a bit, then turn the light out. I watch about 30 minutes of TV, then turn that off. It is probably midnight or so. I am dozing off, and I hear chittering in my ear. Like there is a BUG in it. So I jump up, turn on the light and THERE ARE BUGS ON MY PILLOW. OKAY. I am exhausted, I have my jammies on, my crap is all over the room, I am exhausted. I reason the bugs are only in the pillows, so I throw them on the floor and try to go back to sleep. With the light on. Just in case. More bugs. I flick them onto the floor. I doze off, 20 minutes later I open my eyes. More bugs. I lay there, awake. Finally at 3 AM, in the words of Popeye, I have all I can stands and I can't stands no more. I put on a bra, packed up my shit, go down to the desk. Here I am, a large pregnant woman, who had bugs in her bed, angry as hell. They move me into another room (which I checked for bugs) but I am so freaked out it is well after 4 AM before I fall asleep. They did "take care of the room" charge, BUT STILL. So every night since, I have fastidiously checked my bed for critters. That is just F****** ridiculous. I had no bugs last night at the Residence Inn in Kentucky, but housekeeping did walk in on me as I got out of the shower. I guess that was my fault since I didn't have all the locks, locked. So I have been very careful to do that from now on. Stay tuned for part two of my exciting trip to Ohio.

1 Comments:

Blogger Smander said...

Awww....man. Bugs suck. I can't believe they didn't give you SEVERAL free nights for the buggy issue. I wouldn't have been able to sleep at all after that. Ewwwww....

10/21/2005 09:42:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home